cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OSA-Admin
Community Starter II

We need the ability to tag individuals and businesses on Linkedin via Later. It is a HUGE missed opportunity that we can't do this. You can tag on LI using the Hootsuite platform and Later should be able to do so as well. 

2 Comments
Venessa
Community Starter

If this feature is not added as a matter of priority, I will be left with no choice other than to seek out an alternate platform. This is really hindering my efficiency. 

Stephen378Baker
Community Starter

Hello DogLikesBest@OSA-Admin,
I understand your frustration with not being able to tag individuals and businesses on LinkedIn via Later. Tagging is a useful feature that can help you increase your reach, engagement, and visibility on LinkedIn. However, tagging on LinkedIn is not currently supported by Later due to the limitations of the LinkedIn API. The LinkedIn API is the interface that allows Later to communicate with LinkedIn and access its features. Unfortunately, the LinkedIn API does not allow third-party apps like Later to tag other users or pages on LinkedIn posts.

We are aware of this issue and we are constantly working to improve our LinkedIn integration and offer more features to our users. However, we are dependent on the LinkedIn API and we can only implement the features that it allows us to. We hope that LinkedIn will update its API in the future and enable tagging for third-party apps like Later. Until then, we appreciate your patience and understanding.

As a workaround, you can still schedule your LinkedIn posts with Later and then manually edit them on LinkedIn to add tags after they are published. You can also use the Later mobile app to receive a notification when your LinkedIn post is ready to be published, and then copy and paste the caption and media to the LinkedIn app, where you can add tags before posting.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and we thank you for your feedback and suggestions.
Best Regards
Stephen378Baker