cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TBCMEDIA
Community Starter II

Reels and video are reaching a pinnacle of popularity and using a scheduler is great until you can't post quality content. The current upload limit for reels/video is too low to support a video of great quality as paid for by clients or long enough to fill 90 seconds or even longer in some cases. No viewer wants to stick around to watch 720p, especially when it's representing a brand that is paying for 1080 or higher quality. It also sends a bad message to the viewer being of low quality. I propose that there is an increase in the upload size to at least 200mb and possible even larger. I would be fine paying a couple extra dollars a month to have an upload limit of 500mb per file to ensure that my clients get their content out seamlessly and I avoid having to spend money on a scheduler that I am not using to post the majority of the attention driving content. It is important to keep up with current rate of distribution and we are falling behind as a community here as I am using platform schedulers just to ensure that the content quality is not compromised. It completely defeats the purpose of using a scheduler and hinders the ability for teams to post as they do not get direct, in-app access to client accounts. Looking forward to hearing some feedback on this. Thank you. 

9 Comments
Chillz
Community Starter

Agreed.
For the monthly sub price, I mean 1080p should be available in some way.

Status changed to: Not At This Time
MelissaLater
Later Community Manager
Later Community Manager

HI @TBCMEDIA & everyone who voted on this idea 👋 Thank you for your submission! We absolutely agree that larger uploads make sense for our customers, but at this time it's not something we're able to support. But never say never! We’ll keep track of this idea here to revisit down the road and let you know if anything changes.

Let us know if you have any questions!

TBCMEDIA
Community Starter II

@MelissaLater  is there possibly a more transparent explanation for this topic? As a paid subscription, and I feel I speak for many people that have taken interest in the topic, it makes no sense that 1080p is unavailable. I can’t be taking my client content that I filmed on camera or a phone and upload it to your platform without compromising quality. I have tried and the output, especially to Instagram is horrendous. I could see 720 as a beta when this first launched, but the standard is 1080 and the industry that this platform services demands video. By not making it available, you are fundamentally squeezing yourself out of business. I love the way this platform works in nearly all aspects, but if I have to continue posting my client content through the instagram scheduling system and not this on that I am paying for, it makes no sense to continue using it. This is not an ultimatum or threat to cancel service, this is the mindset that your users all have and services like this are growing in numbers and the offers are getting better. Please innovate to keep up as myself and many of your users would like to see your business succeed as well as ours and our clients. 

SarahLater
Later Community Manager
Later Community Manager

Hi @TBCMEDIA! Just to clarify, can you let us know if you're using Auto Publish for Reels/video? If this is the case, the reason you are seeing a lower resolution is due to compression that happens as the video is processed through Instagram's partner API we are approved to use to publish on your behalf. Since this is a limitation that occurs on Instagram's end, we are unable to change this as @MelissaLater previously mentioned.

That being said, if you're on a paid Later plan, you should be able to schedule larger file sizes; we recommend that you schedule and publish these via notification instead of Auto Publish. We send you everything you need to post to your connected device when it's time - media, caption, hashtags - and since you are posting directly in the Instagram app, you're able to retain quality that larger files lose when published through Instagram's API.

I hope that helps clarify any confusion. Please let us know if you have any more questions or concerns.

hoody58
Community Starter

The current upload limit for reels/video is too low. It is preventing businesses from posting high-quality content and hindering the ability of teams to post content on behalf of clients. Increasing the upload limit would be a worthwhile investment for Instagram, as it would attract more users and businesses to the platform. I would be willing to pay a couple extra dollars a month for an upload limit of 500mb per file. I hope that Instagram will consider increasing the upload limit for reels/video. It would be a welcome improvement for businesses and users alike.  MaryKayInTouch

Status changed to: Released
JenniferLater
Later Community Manager
Later Community Manager

Hello @TBCMEDIA & everyone who has been voting and waiting for longer media uploads!

We are very excited to announce that it is now possible to upload larger media items to your Later account on the Growth, Advanced & Scale Plans.

Details:
📸 Image Limit: Increased from  20MB to a generous 100MB

📹 Video Limit: Increased from 512MB to a whopping 1.5GB.

🎇 We have a help article with more info on Uploading Media & Format Requirements: linked here.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their feedback and voting! Let us know if you have any questions- we're always happy to help.

TBCMEDIA
Community Starter II

Awesome News! Looking forward to testing out the new limits. Thank you!

Massapequa
Community Starter

It seems like you're expressing concerns about the current upload limit for reels and videos on a particular platform, which is impacting the quality and length of content you can post, especially when it comes to representing brands and clients. You're proposing an increase in the upload size to accommodate higher quality content, and you're open to paying extra for this feature. Additionally, you're highlighting the importance of keeping up with the current distribution trends and ensuring that content quality is not compromised, especially when using third-party schedulers to work around the limitations.

Your feedback is valuable, and it's clear that you're looking for a solution that allows you to maintain the quality of content while using a scheduler. If you're trying to get your message across to the platform in question, here are a few steps you could consider:

1. **Contact Platform Support:** Reach out to the platform's support or customer service to share your feedback and concerns. They may have specific channels or forms for providing feedback or feature requests.

2. **Community Forums:** Check if the platform has official community forums or user groups where you can discuss your concerns. Other users might share similar sentiments, and platform representatives might participate in these discussions.

3. **Social Media:** Many platforms have official social media accounts where they interact with users. You could share your thoughts on these platforms, using relevant hashtags or mentions.

4. **Online Petitions or Campaigns:** If you feel that this is a widespread issue affecting many users, you could consider starting an online petition or campaign to gather support for your proposed changes.  USPayserv

5. **Direct Messaging:** If you have contacts within the platform or know someone who does, consider reaching out to them directly to discuss your concerns.

Remember that platforms often take user feedback into consideration when making updates and improvements. Clearly explaining the benefits of the proposed change for both content creators and the platform itself could help make your case more compelling.

jokerscone
Community Starter

All right.
To clarify, I mean that 1080p should be accessible in some fashion for the monthly subscription fee.

space bar clicker