cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thenoblebrand
Community Starter III

Can we get a feature to choose a separate piece of media to use as the cover image for reels rather than using a frame from the video?

43 Comments
DMKSkincare
Community Starter

Second this! To keep my feed a certain aesthetic, I always use custom Reel covers. This would be a great option and, if implemented, would use it. 

deshaunhamilton
Community Starter

Yup agree. Very important. Please make this happen asap!

abmp03
Community Starter

This would be a game-changer for me too! I tried another social media planning platform, and they have 'upload reel cover' as a feature. I hope Later can add this feature soon, please! 

hannahcochran
Community Starter

I always use custom Reel covers. This would be a great option and, if implemented, would use it. I applied this to BDV and it worked well.

OracleTime
Community Starter

A feature like this would be a game changer for us. Later, we hope you can implement this soon 

James0147
Community Starter II

Create an Instagram Reel, select "Next," and enter the "Share" settings screen. Tap "Cover" on the Reel preview image. Select a still from your Reel by dragging the selector icon across the duration of your footage, or select "Add From Camera Roll" to upload an image from your camera roll. MyAtriumHealth App

abmp03
Community Starter

@James0147 we know how to do this on Instagram. We request Later to add the 'add from camera roll' option when adding scheduled reels and see the preview in advance.

sadra16
Community Starter

Agreed! Scheduling reels isn't useful if we have to go back after each post to edit the cover photo. 

abmp03
Community Starter

Unfortunately I had to cancel my free trial because of this lacking feature. I’ll come back when Later adds it. 🤞🏼

baduthedachshun
Community Starter II

Yes I was going to comment this as well!! Just upgrade to the starter plan and now I regret it because I want to be able to change my cover photo ...